When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change!
It is not what happens, it is more about how you respond that really matters
Positive Thinking makes you Resilient
At the time of stress, we can use positive emotions to cope better.
- Notice positive things about what you can do in this situation. This means focus on your strengths, and use positive rethinking to change the way you look at the situation. Think about the help you can draw on to assist you.
- Remind yourself of past achievements and successes. When we get positive thoughts going, it ‘powers us up’, and re energises us to act, to do more and to get going.
- See the ‘big picture‘ and we literally see more possibilities as we change how we think about the situation.
- Keep a gratitude journal as it is proven time and time, to make us happier. Just jot down three positives daily or throughout the day, take time to see what it good, the blue sky behind the clouds, it is all about where you put your focus. Focus on what is good, what you can do.
- Breathing – deep abdominal breathing really works in self calming when you feel anxious or stressed. Stop, focus on your breathe, breathe in through the nose and twice as slowly breathe slowly and deeply out through the mouth. Focus on feeling the breathe moving in and out, literally watch your body breathing.
- Set attainable goals